Monday, April 20, 2009

The Story






I don't know how to begin
'Cause the story has been told before
I will sing along i suppose
I guess it's just how it goes

I am nostalgic this morning. I don't know how to put it. JUDE classes are ending for many. And I am feeling the pangs of leaving college. I did not go for my college farewell. I felt nothing about my college ending. Nothing. Yes, slightly out of place, in all the nostalgia I did not relate to.

I have been looking at all the Facebook/Orkut albums over since last night. None of my friends are from college. I had always grown up hearing how college will never have the simplicity, bonding that school had. But looking back, all my closest friends are ones I met after school. In the last 4 years I have known the most amazing people and I know, this is it. This is the bond that will last a lifetime. This is what I will always miss. Crave for.

And if there is one college I will fondly remember, it is JU. The engineering canteen, the Union room, the monstrous rabbit bins, the trees, the jheel-paar. JUDE. All this comes with a strange awkwardness. I don't know what exactly it is, but I guess it is the question at the back of my head, am I allowed to miss something I never belonged to?

The evenings me and Dhruva would walk in through the 4 No. Gate to find Kaichu after the Edit-Pub course(?). The lebu cha boy. I miss Kaichu. A lot. Then the fests. The band competitions at OAT. The freshers. Once I remember being so high a after playing on stage, I left my keyboard back by mistake. I had to come back to get it at 10.30 in the night when i finally remembered.

Then bugging Doyeeta, Suchismita, Bimbabati to come to Moni da's when Subhayu and me would leave college disgusted in the middle of a hot summer afternoon. All the jokes about the disappearing crows at Moni Da. And how people jacked off in the ketchup-pots. Then going to Champadir chayer dokan.

It used to be such a nice place back then. The place started being frequented by strange/weird people gradually and we moved to the morer chayer dokan. Not more than a year and a half back.

There is this small dent in the footpath in front of the tea-stall. Our favourite past time is to watch people trip and fall. That is, when we are not swearing and screaming and scandalizing mothers of school kids. I cannot think how I will ever get used to any other kind of life. But I hope and pray, that i'd always miss these days. Love these days as the best in my life. That's how I'd like it.

But i don't know how it will end
With all those records playin'
I guess it's just how it goes
The stories have all been told before
I guess it's just how it goes

Norah Jones :)

6 comments:

  1. aww. nostalgia is in the air, i think. a batch will be leaving JUDE soon, and i just have a year left before i need to step out. for real. scary doesn't begin to describe it.

    bhari bhalo likhechhish. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn.

    The stories have all been told before;
    I guess it's just how it goes...
    The last time a nail like that was driven it, it was through Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tora to ekhono graduate hoshni... tai ekhon mone hocche. :P

    but i feel u bro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You see, there is something very magical about JU.It has this quality of embracing all and making everyone feel at home. If you've been there once you'd always want to get back to it again and again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. evidently all of us are pretty hung up on ourselves. aahh. such megalomania, we can only write about US. :D
    i will never forgive you guys for not including me in the romyo-r-dwitiyo-didi-r-prothom-biye-r picture. so thooo to you. i still have a year to go. but then very few of my friends are from my dept.

    ReplyDelete