Friday, May 25, 2007

Corrigendum

Was trying to raise my nose to a height where it was more 'breathable'. Armpits were strategically placed all around me in smelly splendour. Couldn't figure if the bus was really stuck in a traffic snarl or taking its own royal pace to wherever. The heat was blanching. And you could feel the tingling of the tiny streams that treacled down from everywhere.

It was one of those moments when you become truly conscious of your existence. And it struck me suddenly, that you always have a choice.

Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right.


This realization only makes things harder for me. But I cannot possibly believe in something because it makes things easier. I must know things for what they are. I must.

4 comments:

  1. As long as there is a choice, there is a chooser. Now does choice is always borne in bondage, otherwise how could the act of choosing make us feel liberated... Even at the juncture of choosing, if we were in total freedom, there could not have been any possibility of our feeling liberated... but is liberation freedom or is it Power?

    Is the Self then always the Will to Power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. introspection?

    and i know what you mean.yes.you must.

    godspeed and fair winds:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um. right. hows that, historically speaking? sorry. im not thinking straight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ the inquirer: Yes. And your post on freedom sheds more than fair amount on light on that. :)

    @ phemone: Fair winds, my friend are rare to come by.All i see around me are trade winds.

    @ 3tiYo>B_shyo> :O *scratches head*

    ReplyDelete